Table of Contents
With the help of wild-cameras, hunters, foresters and nature enthusiats can observe animals in their habitant.
Thanks to infrared technology, a wild camera detects a moving, living object in the field of view and even – like a thermal imaging camera – can take pictures of animals at night.
In the following, you will learn exactly what to look out for when setting up the device, and see the results of successful shots in the gallery.
Positioning and setting up the camera trap
With camera traps is the right place where the camera is attached and what is in the field of view of the device is paramount. Good places to attach are smaller trees as well as feeding places. Less suitable are shrubs and very small trees.
It is always important to ensure that the wild camera is protected from theft. The manufacturers usually integrate eyelets through which a bicycle lock or the like can be threaded through.
In the middle of the field of vision should be some food for attracting the animals. However, people should not stay too long in this area, as they provide a scent that often frightens many animals.
But one can run a couple of times in front of the camera to see if the settings are correct and the trigger works. This should, of course, be done in the dark, since only in this way can the contrasts be checked.
Feed lining as bait
Animals such as roe deer are lured in the colder season by the artificial food offer and go into the field of view of the camera.
Camera traps at daytime
Unfortunately, many wild animals are nocturnal and rather shy during the day. Good times are in the morning and in the evening at dusk.
Pay attention to the orientation of the camera with respect to the course of the sun. Excessive sunshine can cause over-exposure. It is best to place it in the direction of propagation of the sun’s rays.
Sensitivity and object size
The sensitivity of good camera traps is usually high enough. Even small animals, such as birds, can be correctly identified with good adjustment.
Many devices allow a fine calibration of the detector. The sensitivity can then be increased so far that the smallest movements trigger a photograph. On the other hand, it must be avoided that the trigger is triggered incorrectly, otherwise the memory quickly fills with “empty” images.
Maintenance and transfer of the images
Depending on the design and the activity, of course, the batteries of the camera trap must be changed. A lifetime of a battery pack of a few months with a good adjustment of the camera are nothing unusual.
Expensive and modern cameras can send the images directly via MMS via GSM module. This requires a dedicated SIM card. Also, a slight reduced runtime due to the power consumption during transmission is to be expected. Most of the wildlife camera traps have a SD-slot. A transfer of the recordings can then be done either at home on the PC or even on the spot with a laptop. This must be done at regular intervals, as the SD card can fill quickly and it would be a shame if no new recordings are made due to lack of memory space.
Misuse for object monitoring
Wildlife camera traps can also be misused for monitoring buildings and land. They produce photos of human invaders at night as well as of animal creatures.
An advantage over conventional monitoring and thermal imaging cameras is that a recording is triggered in a targeted manner if a living being moves in front of the lens. Therefore, it is not necessary to scan video material of a video surveillance camera or a thermal imaging camera in case of suspicion. If the wild camera takes serial shots, several images are taken in a short period of time.
- 【Crisp Photo and HD Resolution Video】Earthtree game camera takes high-performance 12M images and FHD 1080P crisp video with clear sound, capturing every breathtaking moment of wildlife. It provides brightly colored photos during the daytime (black and white at night)
- 【IP66 Waterproof Design & Diversified Working Environment】IP66 Waterproof design, working temperature(from -20°to 60°), ultra low stand-by current 0.15mA and 8 pcs AA batteries (not included) supported, stand-by life ranging from 3-6 months makes the camera able to work in tough environments such as desert or tropical rain forest. Ideal for outdoor applications
- 【0.5s Trigger Speed & Versatile Applications】 Impressively faster trigger speed of the central PIR sensor is about 0.5 seconds. Each detected movement will be documented in real time and at a fast shutter speed you are guaranteed to get every shot. The camera has multi-recording modes which bring versatile applications to this hunting camera, such as: Interval Recording, Time-Lapse, Timer, Password Protection, Time Stamp and Low Battery Alarm
- 【One-year Warranty & High Quality Customer Services】Earthtree offers warranty of 12 months & professional after-sales service. All your questions will be replied within 24 hours
- 【Infrared Technology & Great Trigger Scope】 As a new scouting camera, it applies latest Infrared Technology-built-in 950NM Invisible Infrared black LEDs. When night falls, the IR led turns on automatically and takes super clear black and white photos at night. Also the IR flash brings this hunting camera great trigger scope, animals 20m/65ft away could be captured. Plus, unique technology of low glow infrared helps the hunting camera cover perfectly.No worry about scaring animals away
- 0.3-Second trigger speed
- True one-year Battery life for all Season scouting
- 16MP high-quality full color resolution
- Video Resolution:1280x720p
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY: All of our trail cameras come with 1 year manufacturer warranty without any additional charge to promote you a hassle-free purchase experience
- HIGH TRIGGER SPEED: 0.2-0.6s high trigger speed; 120° wide detection angle; you are guarantee to never miss any of action. 12MP high quality full color resolution and 1920x1080P HD video (with audio); you can playback footage or browse photos with its internal screen
- NIGHT VISION: 42pcs 850nm black low glow IR LEDs (won't scare away the animals); long night vision range up to 65 feet/ 20m distance for photos and videos
- RELIABLE PERFORMANCE & USER FRIENDLY: built-in 2.4" TFT LCD display with 16M color; up to 8 months standby time (on 8 batteries, not included); up to 32GB external storage (not included); IP54 high waterproof certified, protect your hunting camera from raining, sand, dust or corrosion. Very easy to setup, you can use it right out of the box, default settings: 5 million pictures, 1 picture for multiple shots, shooting intervals of 1 min, 720P video
- 2 MODES OF TIME LAPSE: supports Photo, Video and Photo + Video 3 modes; supports time lapse function and motion detection; capture picture/video at specified time intervals
- A flash equipped with 24 LEDs and 850nm nighttime infrared technology Illuminates up to 70 feet away in total darkness-for maximum coverage with Minimal intrusion
- Manage image quality and storage with 2 resolution settings, low (1920x1080) and high (4608x2592), and high definition 15 second videos
- A sturdy case with a Weatherproof plastic exterior Comes with standard 1/4 inch -20 threaded insert on bottom, and a 72 inch mounting strap is included
- Works with SD/SDHC class 4 cards or higher and can handle up to 32 GB. Memory cards sold separately
- Requires 8 AA batteries. Captures approximately 16,000 images. Actual results may vary. Use Lithium batteries for extended Battery life in harsh weather conditions
- 【High-Performance Photo and Video】This Game camera captures 12 MP crystal clear images and video with super clear sound recording each time motion is detected of wild game during the day (black and white at night). Multi-shot modes available and can takes up to 3 photos per detection.
- 【940nm Invisible Infrared Technology】With fully automatic IR filter,this trail camera capture shots of wild game's natural behaviors by using infrared flash illumination technology equipped with 26 LEDs. Trigger distance and IR flash range both up to 20m (65ft). You can get great shots of a passing animal in total darkness, without the animal realizing its being documented.
- 【IP66 WATERPROOF&Compact& Sturdy】With IP66 waterproof(dust-proof, drop-proof and rain-proof), this compact and sturdy hunting camera is housed in a weatherproof plastic case that stands up to the elements for dependable longevity throughout the season, able to work in tough environments like desert or tropical rain forest. What's more, with threaded tripod and mounting strap, it's easy to install this trail camera wherever the wild game is headed.
- 【Fast Trigger Speed&Low Power Consumption】An impressively fast trigger speed of less than 0.5 second ensure each detected movement is captured quickly and accurately. Together with an energy efficient operating system, the camera (in standby mode) can extend its use of time to 6 months.
- 【Multiple Functions】This camera features time stamp including Moon Phase/Pressure/Temperature, Timer, Realtime Replay, Hybrid Mode, Interval Recording, bringing this camera to multiple applications beyond your expectation.Besides, Apeman service team provides professional 24-hour after-sales services on Amazon to promote you a hassle-free purchase experience.
- 【High Quality Image and Video】 16 Megapixel 1080p Full HD resolution, brightly colored photos each time motion is detected of wild game during the day, takes up to 9 photos per detection. Records clear video and sound (support 3s to 10minutes video length). Each video or image captured can be labeled with stamp information like moon phase, serial number, temperature (in °C/°F), date/time etc
- 【Fast triggering speed and Long Trigger Distance】 0.2s fast triggering speed, which can ensure each detected movement is captured quickly and accurately, also documented in real time. 65ft trigger distance, effective shooting up to 20m, 3 PIR design makes sensing angle reach 120 degree. Deer camera built-in Mic records sound of animals, making sure you don't miss any of the actions and photos you want
- 【Low-Glow Infrared Technology】 Built-in 46 pcs 850nm Invisible IR LEDs, fully automatic IR filter, with very low glow red flash, trail camera takes wonderful images, thus avoid producing such bright flash which scare animals away when taking pictures, if you are trying to get photo of a particularly sensitive animals like deer, this low glow trial camera will be more appropriate
- 【Waterproof Design and Versatile Applications】 IP56 Waterproof protected design to protect your trail camera from raining, moist, sand, dust, corrosion etc. Passive Infrared Sensor, great sensitivity which can make it have the function of surveillance camera. replay, time lapse, interval shooting, timer, password protection, time stamp, Alarm at low battery power, etc. Set it as your will and get the precious moments
- 【Other Excellent Features】2.4 inch LCD screen,the long battery life can last up to 8 months in standby mode. Game camera can be used for wild hunting / wild animal activity survey / orchard, farm, villa anti-theft / observation / home security. You can leave this wildlife camera strapped to a tree or mounted on a wall for long period of time
- 8 Megapixel
- 12 infrared emitters behind FX no glow shielding
- EZ Dial programming with with quickset