Table of Contents
With the help of wild-cameras, hunters, foresters and nature enthusiats can observe animals in their habitant.
Thanks to infrared technology, a wild camera detects a moving, living object in the field of view and even – like a thermal imaging camera – can take pictures of animals at night.
In the following, you will learn exactly what to look out for when setting up the device, and see the results of successful shots in the gallery.
Positioning and setting up the camera trap
With camera traps is the right place where the camera is attached and what is in the field of view of the device is paramount. Good places to attach are smaller trees as well as feeding places. Less suitable are shrubs and very small trees.
It is always important to ensure that the wild camera is protected from theft. The manufacturers usually integrate eyelets through which a bicycle lock or the like can be threaded through.
In the middle of the field of vision should be some food for attracting the animals. However, people should not stay too long in this area, as they provide a scent that often frightens many animals.
But one can run a couple of times in front of the camera to see if the settings are correct and the trigger works. This should, of course, be done in the dark, since only in this way can the contrasts be checked.
Feed lining as bait
Animals such as roe deer are lured in the colder season by the artificial food offer and go into the field of view of the camera.
Camera traps at daytime
Unfortunately, many wild animals are nocturnal and rather shy during the day. Good times are in the morning and in the evening at dusk.
Pay attention to the orientation of the camera with respect to the course of the sun. Excessive sunshine can cause over-exposure. It is best to place it in the direction of propagation of the sun’s rays.
Sensitivity and object size
The sensitivity of good camera traps is usually high enough. Even small animals, such as birds, can be correctly identified with good adjustment.
Many devices allow a fine calibration of the detector. The sensitivity can then be increased so far that the smallest movements trigger a photograph. On the other hand, it must be avoided that the trigger is triggered incorrectly, otherwise the memory quickly fills with “empty” images.
Maintenance and transfer of the images
Depending on the design and the activity, of course, the batteries of the camera trap must be changed. A lifetime of a battery pack of a few months with a good adjustment of the camera are nothing unusual.
Expensive and modern cameras can send the images directly via MMS via GSM module. This requires a dedicated SIM card. Also, a slight reduced runtime due to the power consumption during transmission is to be expected. Most of the wildlife camera traps have a SD-slot. A transfer of the recordings can then be done either at home on the PC or even on the spot with a laptop. This must be done at regular intervals, as the SD card can fill quickly and it would be a shame if no new recordings are made due to lack of memory space.
Misuse for object monitoring
Wildlife camera traps can also be misused for monitoring buildings and land. They produce photos of human invaders at night as well as of animal creatures.
An advantage over conventional monitoring and thermal imaging cameras is that a recording is triggered in a targeted manner if a living being moves in front of the lens. Therefore, it is not necessary to scan video material of a video surveillance camera or a thermal imaging camera in case of suspicion. If the wild camera takes serial shots, several images are taken in a short period of time.
- ◀ 14MP Clearer Image + 1080P Sharper Video Resolution ▶The trail camera captures 14 Mega Pixel crystal images and full HD 1080P videos,providing more high-quality details during daytime(black and white at night).You could easily see the vivid world of wildlife.
- ◀ Faster 0.3s Trigger Speed ▶Once detecting the movements,the hunting camera will be triggered instantly in 0.3s without delay.You will never miss any exciting moments even at night.The trigger distance is up to 20m(65ft).
- ◀ Excellent Sensitivity and Night Vision with 3 PIR ▶The scouting camera will detect movements of wild animals as soon as they enter the detecting range.With 3 passive infrared sensors,the high-sensitive camera detect and record every breathtaking motion with lower power consumption.The 42 pcs upgraded infrared LEDs without bright flash can let you catch any moment even at dark night.850nm invisible infrared technology support super clear night vision.
- ◀ 120° Wide Angle Lens + Waterproof Sturdy Device ▶The game camera is equipped with 120° detecting range,which allows you to get excellent broader view.It will record any animal movements you want with wide angle lens even in rainy days.
- ◀ Easy to Operate + Multiple Applications ▶The hunting cam is easy to operate and mount.You could apply the user-friendly device to outdoor activities,not only hunting but also home security, property surveillance, wildlife monitoring and scouting,Farm Security. We guarantee 45 days money back and 12-month warranty and professional after-sale service within 24 hours.
- 0.3-Second trigger speed
- True one-year Battery life for all Season scouting
- 16MP high-quality full color resolution
- Video Resolution:1280x720p
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY: All of our trail cameras come with 1 year manufacturer warranty without any additional charge to promote you a hassle-free purchase experience
- HIGH TRIGGER SPEED: 0.2-0.6s high trigger speed; 120° wide detection angle; you are guarantee to never miss any of action. 12MP high quality full color resolution and 1920x1080P HD video (with audio); you can playback footage or browse photos with its internal screen
- NIGHT VISION: 42pcs 850nm black low glow IR LEDs (won't scare away the animals); long night vision range up to 65 feet/ 20m distance for photos and videos
- RELIABLE PERFORMANCE & USER FRIENDLY: built-in 2.4" TFT LCD display with 16M color; up to 8 months standby time (on 8 batteries, not included); up to 32GB external storage (not included); IP54 high waterproof certified, protect your hunting camera from raining, sand, dust or corrosion. Very easy to setup, you can use it right out of the box, default settings: 5 million pictures, 1 picture for multiple shots, shooting intervals of 1 min, 720P video
- 2 MODES OF TIME LAPSE: supports Photo, Video and Photo + Video 3 modes; supports time lapse function and motion detection; capture picture/video at specified time intervals
- ▶【High Quality 16MP Image & 1080P Video】AUCEE trial camera provides excellent 16MP sharp photos, 1080P full HD audios with sound. This wildlife camera comes equipped with a 2.4" LCD color display, built-in 46pcs low glow black infrared LEDs and 3 white low flash LEDs. The deer camera can capture stunning wildlife images - with vivid colors during the day and detailed black & white shots at night.
- ▶【IP56 Waterproof Trail Camera】This hd hunting camera with IP56 waterproof (dust-proof, drop-proof and rain-proof), the protective case can protect your hunter camera from rain and dust damage, making the wildgame camera ideal for indoor/outdoor activities, such as hunting, wildlife monitoring, farm burglar, home security and property surveillance.
- ▶【Risk Free】Take full responsibility! Don't worry about missing Amazon's 30-day return window! We Offer a 120-day. Any problems or not satisfaction with our trail camera, please contact us, we will do our best to solve any problems for you. You have nothing to lose! Scroll to the top of the page and press the "Add to Cart" button or "Buy Now"!
- ▶【0.2 Seconds Trigger Speed】The wildlife camera with 3 infrared sensors and 120° detection wide angle (when side motion sensors enabled). The trail camera with night vision has impressively quick trigger time and unique side prep sensor design, a faster trigger time motion activated speed of 0.2-0.6 seconds, and up to 20m/65ft long range (The optimum placement of the game camera detector is approximately 1m to 10m from the subject), allows to catch every wonderful exciting moments even at night.
- ▶【Flexible Settings】This innovations game camera has 3 modes available (photo only, video only, photo+video), temperature/time phase imprint, serial number, time lapse, motion detection, timer-shot, password protected and low battery alarm. Simply insert 4 or 8 AA batteries (not included) and a Micro SD(class 6 or above) card(TF card) up to 32GB (not included). What's more, our wildlife trap camera with threaded tripod and mounting strap, can easily install this scouting camera wherever.
- Utilizes a NO-Glow infrared flash with 46 Super Night Vision LEDs that reaches out 65 feet to give you detailed nighttime images without spooking wary bucks. Triggered by three Super PIR motion sensors, and activated by an incredible 0.2-second trigger, it won't let fast moving bucks slip by. Never miss any of breathtaking moments by multi-shot feature which can take up to 3 pictures each time.
- Designed to work hard even under the toughest conditions. Because of our mainly big woods, back country style of hunting, we designed this camera to stand up to the test of time and have backed it with our 2 year fully covered manufacturer's warranty. IP56 water-proof and dust-proof. Extremely low power consumption in standby mode providing extremely long operating times. Runs on 8 AA batteries (not included), which can reach up to 12 months long battery life.
- Captures 16 Megapixel images and 1080P HD video. The camera's unique sensor design provides a 120-degree wide-angle detection range. The day and night pictures are crystal clear. The lighting, clarity and color meets the most critical requirements. The NO-glow black covert LED lights provide 65 ft flash range in the dark, which do not intrude into the natural habitat. Triggering distance up to 82ft/25m.
- Multi-shot, Interval, Timelapse, Timer, Password protection, Time stamp, Serial, Alarm at low battery power. Our camera is reliable, robust, and has a great camouflaged case. The built-in presetting is ideal for the majority of wildlife applications, whether used on trails or nest sites. It is also easy to personalize settings with a 2.4" screen, as well as replaying.
- Ideal for hunting, gaming, animal or event observation, trail/home/office/farm/backyard/community security monitoring and surveillance.
- High Quality Day & Night Camera: 8 MegaPixel CMOS Sensor, 16 MP (Interpolation) HD color resolution and 1080P HD video record, multi-shot modes available. Game & Trail Camera catches every amazing moment that cannot be easily discovered by people in surprised time.
- Fast Trigger & 130° Wide Angle: Provide surprising faster trigger speed within 0.2 seconds with the PIR sensor. Each detected moment will be recorded instantly and guaranteed never miss any shot.The 130° wide view angle lens captures more abundant view and intuitive object ,Flextime + Time Lapse / Redux Anti-Blur technology to deliver high quality photo and video.
- Low Glow Covert Infrared LED: The 40Pcs low glow covert 940NM Infrared LEDs provides 20m/65ft range in the dark, it never produce a bright flash which makes this outdoor wildlife camera a stealthy unit that does not intrude into the natural habitat.
- IP66 Waterproof Function: DIGITNOW! hunting camera can work under extreme temperatures of between -20°C to 60°C which makes the camera perfect for safe & outdoor use including garden security, wildlife monitoring, surveillance and scouting game.
- More: 2.4"LCD screen for showing battery life, viewing recorded videos and images, personalizing your own setting etc. Up to 8 Months Long battery life with 8AA batteries(not included). Support SD card up to 32GB(not included). More function usage, please see the user manual. If you have any other problem with it ,please do not hesitate to contact me, I will offer professional service to help you.
- Adjustable images per trigger
- Takes 720p Video
- 3, 8, or 12 MP resolution
- 0.3 trigger speed
- 80 ft. infrared flash range
- Resolution:14.0 MP.
- Trigger speed: less than 0.7 seconds
- Flash range: 80 ft | All Purpose Series | 14 MP | 0.7 s Trigger Speed | 720p Video | Moultrie Mobile Compatible
- Illumination type: long range infrared flash (32 LED)
- Detection range: 60 ft
- High Quality Image & Video: 16MP HD color images and 1080P HD Video (with Audio) grant you excellent pictures with crisp and clear details of wildlife during the daytime (black & white at night), taking up to 3 photos per trigger; 120° PIR motion detector and 98° wide angle of view, capture more of fast moving objects or animals
- Low Glow IR Night Vision LED & Water Resistant: equipped with 47pcs 850nm Infrared LEDs extend its shooting distance up to 20m/65ft with low glow, best for wildlife observing without scaring animals away; IP56 spray water resistance certified, it is able to work in tough environments like heavy rain, sand storm
- Fast Trigger Speed & 2.4 Inch LCD screen: an impressively fast trigger speed of 0.2 to 0.6 second ensure each detected motion gets captured immediately, and stamped with real time info; the built-in 2.4 inch TFT LCD screen is perfect for replaying the pictures and videos
- Loaded with Features: time lapse setting & password protected; taking pictures and video at every trigger events in 'Photo+Video' mode, support system upgrading, multiple usages e.g. home security, wildlife observing, surveillance and scouting game; max 6 months standby time (on 8 batteries, Not Included); up to 32GB external storage (NOT included)
- 24 Months Warranty & Excellent Customer Service: If you have any problems with the camera within 24 months, please feel free to contact us, our customer service team will provide professional after-sale service to you without any additional charge to bring you a hassle-free purchase experience
- Advanced IR LEDs Technology: The newest product gets night vision function upgrades, featuring 28pcs 850nm IR LEDs. With 50ft flash range in the dark, the low-glow LED lights do not disturb wildlife when your trail camera is working.keep you defined and detailed view of the wildlife.
- High-Quality Photos & Videos: The trail camera captures 5MP crystal-clear colorful images by day and clear black&white images at night separately. The brightness, clarity and colors are exactly what you want.
- Lightning Trigger, Reliable Waterproof: The impressive 0.6s-1.2s trigger speed produces no delay between the triggers when capturing still images. Never miss any of breathtaking moments with multi-shot mode, it takes up to 3pics each time. Use the game camera in harsh environments with powerful IP54 waterproof rating.
- More Excellent Features: The game camera comes with multi-recording modes and versatile functions,perfect for the surveillance of reptiles, cold blooded animals or amphibians, at the same time, it reduces the inadvertent shoot caused by the leaves or grass, saved power and SD card storage space.
- This Backyard Scout Trail Camera. It is a multipurpose game camera product which is good for home surveillance, outdoor hunting, or even used as an ordinary digital camera. You can watch pictures and videos directly on the machine, or you can take down the SD card.That means you can view the very latest images captured on your camera from the comfort of your home.